How do you countdown the days to Christmas? We use this countdown from Pottery Barn and I fill each day with a mini holiday Reese cup.
Need some ideas for your own Christmas countdown –check out my Advent board on pinterest for some ideas. You can find me on pinterest here – be sure to follow me – I’ll admit I’m addicted to pinterest!! Are you?
This year, I reserved a bunch of Christmas books from the library and we also wrapped up some of our Christmas books. Lilly is super excited about this activity!! She was begging me to unwrap a few early. I told her she had to wait until Dec. 1. Yesterday, we read Santa Kid – very cute story if you haven’t read it definitely a fun read.
Here’s a list of what we are reading in the Christmas book countdown
- Bear stays up for Christmas / Karma Wilson
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas tree / by Robert Barry
- SantaKid / James Patterson
- Merry Christmas, Ollie!
- Mortimer’s Christmas manger
- Christmas remembered / Tomie dePaola
- Junie B., first grader, jingle bells, Batman smells! : (P.S. so does May) / Barbara Park
- Olivia helps with Christmas / by Ian Falconer
- Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer / by Robert L. May
- How the Grinch stole Christmas, by Dr. Seuss
- How Santa got his job / by Stephen Krensky
- The mitten : a Ukrainian folktale
- A Christmas memory / Truman Capote
- Santa Claus : the world’s number one toy expert / Marla Frazee
- Where, oh where, is Santa Claus? / written by Lisa Wheeler
- Snowmen at Christmas / Caralyn Buehner
- The little drummer mouse : a Christmas story / by Mercer Mayer.
- It’s Christmas! / by Jack Prelutsky
- Dream snow / Eric Carle
- The Sweet Smells of Christmas/ Patricia M. Scarry
- Llama Llama holiday drama / Anna Dewdney
- Elf on the Shelf
- Fancy Nancy splendiferous Christmas / Jane O’Connor
- Shhh/Julie Sykes
- Olive the other reindeer / Vivian Walsh and J.otto Seibold
Thanks for stopping by!